If you have had bad experiences with public healthcare, or if you want quality, speed and convenience, you should opt for private health insurance. In addition to Spanish, doctors and specialists (also in private hospitals) usually speak good English or sometimes German, French or Dutch, especially in the coastal areas where many foreigners live.
In addition to the language advantage, you take out private insurance for the following reasons:
- You do not need a referral for a specialist
- Waiting times for a visit to a specialist or surgery are much shorter than at the Seguridad Social
- In emergencies you will be helped immediately
- New technologies and equipment available at private clinics
- You can count on hygiene, luxury, service and good treatment in a private hospital / clinic
- Private room in case of hospitalization, including accommodation partner
The private health insurers are not obliged to accept you if you have existing conditions. Existing conditions are almost always (for a certain time or completely) ruled out. For treatment of illnesses or existing conditions you can contact the Seguridad Social if you are entitled to this.
Therefore, take out private health insurance while you are still healthy. Illnesses or disorders that you get after you have taken out private insurance will be reimbursed.
Request a quote without obligation click here.